<%@ Language=VBScript %> UKGO1.com<%=sTableName%>


Copyright© UK Genealogy Online 2020         :        Back to Main Index


Castell-Dwyran, Parish Church
(Now Unused)

Ordnance Survey Map Reference : SN145183

Parish Registers : Carmarthenshire Record Office

Baptisms 1754-1956, included in Cilymaenllwyd registers

Marriages 1754-1782, 1837-1926

Burials 1754-1782, included in Cilymaenllwyd registers

Bishops Transcripts : National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth 

View Larger Map

Carmarthenshire Marriages 1754-1837
Burials 1813-1851
1841 Census Index
1851 Census Index
1881 Census Index
1901 Carmarthenshire Strays
Wills Index 1654-1858
Owners of Land 1873

Castell-Dwyran Genuki

Castell-Dwyran Wiki

Interior of Church
Interior of Castelldwyran Church, Clynderwen

The parish church of Llandissilio lies in Llandissilio West. The church of the chapelry of Castell Dwyran and the hamlet of Grondre adjoins the farmyard of Castell Dwyran.

During the restoration of Castell Dwyran Church in 1876, an inscribed stone was discovered. The name of Voteporix, a king of Dyfed of Irish descent who was alive about 550 AD, is inscribed on it in ogham characters (an alphabet in which archaic Irish was written) and in Latin. The translation of the Latin reads 'The memorial of Voteporix the Protector'; the stone is now in Carmarthen Museum.
Castelldwyran Church, Clynderwen



<% Sub GenerateSearchOptions() Response.Write "" End Sub %>